29 August 2018
Work as Software Developer for WorldSkills
WorldSkills International is seeking a Software Developer to join the Secretariat. This is a full-time position.
This is a full-time position. The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of interesting challenges, using a range of different technologies. The Software Developer will work with a small team to deliver high quality software that ensures a successful skills competition and provides services to WorldSkills and its Member organizations.
The WorldSkills Secretariat is a virtual office, and candidates can be based anywhere in the world. The position also involves opportunity for travel, providing international experience and interacting with different cultures.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Proactive, resourceful and willing to learn
- Experience with Java and frameworks such as Hibernate, Guice, JUnit
- Experience with PHP and content management systems (concrete5 is a plus)
- Strong relational database design skills
- Experience in user interface design
- Experience implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
- Experience with version control, preferably Git
- Experience with AWS architecture is a plus
- Open to traveling to different countries around the world at least once a year for meetings
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines when needed
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication in English (written and verbal)
Please contact Adam Walsh, Senior Software Developer, email@example.com for more information along with your CV and any other relevant information you would like to share with us.