3 March 2020
Become WorldSkills Junior Software Developer
WorldSkills International is seeking a Junior Software Developer to join the Secretariat on a six month contract with the possibility to extend further.
The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of interesting challenges, using a range of different technologies. The Junior Software Developer will work with a small team to deliver high quality software that ensures a successful skills competition and provides services to WorldSkills and its Member organizations, as well as providing support to members of the Secretariat.
The WorldSkills Secretariat is a virtual office, and candidates can work remotely from anywhere in the world. The position also involves opportunity for travel, providing international experience and interacting with different cultures.
We are looking for candidates who:
- have excellent communication in English (written and verbal)
- are proactive, resourceful and willing to learn
- are open to traveling to different countries around the world at least once a year for meetings
- have the ability to work independently and under tight deadlines when needed
- have strong attention to detail
Experience with the following technologies would be desirable:
- Java and frameworks such as Hibernate, Guice, JUnit
- PHP and content management systems (concrete5 is a plus)
- relational database design skills
- user interface design
- implementing and consuming RESTful APIs
- version control, preferably Git
- AWS architecture is a plus
Please contact Adam Walsh, Senior Manager of Software Engineering, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information along with your CV and any other relevant information you would like to share with us.